Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Wedges




If, for any reason, you happen to be in Bloomington, MN, I highly recommend Denny's 5th Avenue Bakery.

It lies at the corner of 5th Avenue and American Blvd (formerly known as 79th st.)

The aroma is heavenly when you enter, no smack in the face smell of shortening as with some bakery establishments.

Everything there is very tasty, but the food which must be the cobblestones in heaven is the Wedge.

A prosaic name for such a sublime taste treat.

A triangular pastry filled with bavarian creme and topped with a chocolate coating.

Each bite more delicious than the last. Perhaps the most perfect collection of flour sugar and dairy ever assembled.

I used to work in Bloomington, and would occaisionally have one for a special treat.

It has been 5 years now, and every once in a while I would think of the wedge. I remembered the lovely texture of the cream, the flakiness of the pastry, the feeling of joy and solemnity it brings to your very soul.

I decided to get one, as I had a trip to IKEA scheduled anyway. I thought to myself, it can't possibly be that good. I am idealizing this treat.

It is that good.

Please, if you yourself are off to IKEA or the grand Mall, visit Denny's.

But you must call ahead for the wedge, as they are often gone by 9:00 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment