Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Yarn Along

Yarn Along day!
I re-knit the first slipper for the Elder and ran out of yarn a third of the way into the second, since I had used up so much yarn in my first try.
Since I was in a knitterly place I started on a shop model for the yarn store - a doll from Knitted Dolls by Arne & Carlos.
The dolls in this book are really cool; the construction, the design aesthetic, their names, the whole book is fun from start to finish.
I'm reading The Mysterious Island right now. I had always wanted to try a novel by Jules Verne, though I had heard that his writing was pretty dense, and when I saw this was one of the free books on the Kindle I thought this might be the time to read one.
It's been a fun read so far. The story is about a group of civil war-era prisoners of war who escape the Confederates in Richmond in a balloon and are caught up in a hurricane and land on a mysterious island, though I haven't seen what makes the island so mysterious yet I think it may be dinosaurs...
This here happened right after I took the first photo -
The Youngest is working on her mobility lately, and the knitting was too tempting for her to hang out with her appropriate toys.
What's on your needles today?

3 comments:

  1. oh jess she is gorgeous, a wee knitter in the making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dolls look sweet.

    Photo caption "can I have a turn?"

    enjoy the doll making.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dolls are cute! My daughter "needs" one for Christmas...maybe if I start now in the evenings after bedtime?

    ReplyDelete