Monday, September 23, 2013

Gnarled Oak

After a few weeks' flurry of knitting I finished up my Gnarled Oak cardigan that I started swatching at the beginning of the summer.
I wasn't exactly having the best luck with my photos this morning, but here it is in all its un-blocked glory.
I finished knitting it yesterday, sewed the buttons on as I waited for the carpool to rehearsal and put it on immediately.
The yarn is Tracy from Imperial Yarns, and it is the perfect weight for our early Fall weather. 
It's warm but not too heavy.
Next on the list is a sweater for The Younger. It's actually already on the needles, I started last night while I was watching Breaking Bad. I can't believe that there's only one more episode! 
Anything exciting on your needles today?

3 comments:

  1. I'm busy making yet another Aviatrix for my rapidly growing babe (last winter's don't fit her anymore). I don't have enough of any one colour to make myself a cardigan but wonder about patching bits of what I have together to make a "coat of many colours!"...inspired by your lovely sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out great. Love the top part. I just finished a pink sweater, yours makes me want to knit a fall color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks lovely hope it keeps you warm :)

    ReplyDelete