Sunday, May 24, 2020

Hiya!

Whew, it's been a minute.

I have been dealing with some major life changes for the past couple of years.
For 13 years or so I stayed home with my kids, while doing part time work on the weekends and evenings teaching music and fiber art stuff.
Once the Youngest was in Kindergarten I realized I didn't quite know what I wanted to be when I grew up. I tried a couple of years as a full time preschool teacher, how much different is it than staying at home with one's own kids? Turns out, pretty different. I wasn't able to find a good fit so I entered the world of temping.
That has been awesome, but with COVID-19 I got let go.

So here I sit, with a drastically reduced number of jobs (from 4-2) and work hours (from 40-8) and a fire in my belly to make stuff.

Last fall and winter I did a lot of leatherwork, spinning, weaving, and knitting, and made up enough stock to try a couple of craft fairs. I just about broke even, so that was fun.

We did a quick visit to the ocean in January,
which feels like more than a lifetime ago, and now we're hanging out at home, like most of you out there.
You gotta fill the time, though, right?

Baking? Check.


Large Scale Woodworking, and Gardening? Check, Check!!



Small Scale Woodworking? Check!


Dalgona Coffee? Check!


Baking? Check, Again!


Puzzles? Check!


Baking? More? Again? Check!


Facebook? You know it!


I don't know if anyone is still out there who remembers the fifthlampdown, but I'm hoping to come back and hang here more often. 

What's your quaratine routine? 

No comments:

Post a Comment