Friday, May 16, 2008

Spring Clouds






I have found that the best part of Spring for me is the change in the clouds.

All Winter we are subjected to high thin Cirrus clouds.

Then with the change to more moisture in the air and Thuderstorms we get the lush Maxfield Parrish-esque clouds that I love so much.

Today, while I was looking at the clouds, I was reminded of a fantastic episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.


The freshman class at the college in Sunnydale was being attacked by vampires, but the vampires were very sneaky and they stole all of the victims belongings so it just looked like the students had dropped out and gone home.


The best scene was where the vampires were going through the belongings of the students and they all had either "The Kiss" by Gustav Klimt or "Water Lilies" by Monet. There was a big stack of each poster and I think that "The Kiss" was the winner.


I suppose that the clouds reminded me of that scene because I had Maxfield Parrish up on the wall in my dorm room my fresh(wo)man year of college.




As a complete non-sequitor, my kids said some funny things this week and I need to record them somewhere. Please forgive the doting of a Mama.




I hear a sneeze from the back seat in the car-
Younger Hug-a-Bug: I put gesundheits all over my buckles!




The Younger Hug-a-Bug was looking at a picture of a rattlesnake wrapped around a yellow flower.
Younger Hug-a-Bug: I don't like snakes!
The Elder Hug-a-Bug: Don't you like Sunflowers? They smell like sun!


On the knitting front, I finished the primary work on Eris.



The knitting is complete, but I need to block it, sew down the front facings and put in a zipper.


These three things are not my favorite activities, so it may be a while before we have a checkmark in the finished objects column.

I don't think I need to hurry if we continue having the fantastic weather that we are having right now...



We have been invited to a birthday party this afternoon, so I plan on spending the next couple of hours whipping up a "Peanut" from Last Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts.

I have made three now, two for other birthday gifts, and they are so fast and fun.

I was going to post a picture of the Elder Hug-a-Bug's Peanut, but she stopped me from taking its photo, saying "It's special to me."

I am apparantly not authorized to take Peanut's likeness.

I have to get sewing now.

Have a fun and relaxing Saturday!

Jess


p.s. longest post ever, guess I should come on here more often...

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous little sweater! I love the detail around the neck. You'll have to photograph it again once it's all finished. Also, thanks for the reference to Maxfield Parrish. I've never heard of him before, but boy was he talented. I'm going to try to find some books on him.

    ReplyDelete