Thursday, March 5, 2009

Dissapointing

Yesterday I had kind of a disappointing knitting day.
I finished Loppem only to find that I hate it on.
Completely hate it.
The bottom is too wide and the sleeves are too big.
Urgh.
Here it is about a week ago, it's the one on the right,
and here it is yesterday.
I was so excited that it knit so fast, and I had it blocked to wear to work, but I just couldn't go forward with those sleeves.

So, I'm unraveling it on the ball winder now, and I will try again, for the third time, to make this sweater.
It's one of those that I just loved when I saw the book, and I have had such trouble with it.

I had taken the topmost picture to post about knitting about a week ago, but I got distracted. The big red one is the Tangled Yoke, and the little red one is a mitten.
I have no matching mittens, only right-hand singles, so next on the list is to finish a pair.

Now I'm torn between just leaving the Loppem, since it clearly doesn't want to be knit, or fighting through and making it work.
I am leaning towards the latter, let's see what happens.

More to come,
Jess

3 comments:

  1. You're right, that's a very pretty little cardigan. Hopefully you can make it work for 'ya! Knit on, through all crises and disappointments...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about Loppem. I know that is on my list of to-do's as well. here's hoping I have better luck.

    Keep your chin up, I know you'll make it just right!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the loppem really is cool, but do see the winged out sleeves. i say, try again!

    ReplyDelete