Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Teacher Gifts

A high-school friend of mine is a jewelry making maven, and she posted the link to a tutorial for these bracelets the other week.
Since I have already made The Younger's teacher all of my go-to gifts over the past 2 years that The Elder had her, I thought it would be fun to try something new this time around.
I went to a local bead shop (which I just learned a couple of days ago is our only local bead shop as the other one closed in January, boo) and got the materials.
The Younger and the Elder both chose a few beads to add as embellishment and The Elder and I whipped these up last night.
These were so easy that I as a complete jewelry-making novice, and The Elder, a 9-year-old, were able to make totally presentable gifts.
They were quite appealing to The Youngest as well, here she is 'helping; with our photo shoot.

They were so fun and easy, I made a third one, and then another bracelet for myself and with the extras I made this super simple necklace

2 comments:

  1. Oh. Hooray! Those turned out amazing! I'm so glad you liked the post! It's particularly great that the kids made the bracelets. That's so memorably sweet!

    ReplyDelete