Thursday, June 20, 2013

Visiting the Big City

I spent the last 3 days on a whirlwind tour of Chicago with The Singers.
We were invited to perform at Ravinia Festival, the oldest outdoor music festival in the United States.
The Singers gave two concerts, one in a lovely church in Highland Park,

and a second in the Martin Theatre on the grounds of Ravinia.
We performed Rachmaninoff's All-Night Vigil (which is kind of a misnomer since it really only takes a little more than an hour) and even though I was pretty terrified about singing in Russian when I first saw the music about 2 and a half months ago, it was a never-to-be forgotten experience and I am so happy to have been a part of it.

Along with all the singing I was able to squeeze in a little sight-seeing.


Here's me in the white sweater over the red dress, trying to make a good photo with my Kindle. Not the most intuitive design for picture-taking.
We rode a bus to and from Chicago, so as a bonus I was able to knit my sweater up to the armholes, and start on a sleeve, as well as finishing two books and reading further into A Dance With Dragons.
What a trip! A perfect ending to a great season.

No comments:

Post a Comment