Thursday, June 9, 2016

A Bon Bon Day

First of all, thank you for your kind comments about the teensy sweater and hat!
You all know the stereotype of the stay at home mom: Sitting on the couch, watching trashy tv and eating bonbons.
Well, today was a bit of a bon bon day, if I do say so.
I burned through two bbc miniseries: Arthur and George and The Widower, ate chips and drank cherry coke.

I did have an ultimate goal, which was to organize (to some extent) my collection of fingering yarn stash.

As there is still one more baby brewing in my extended circle, I thought I would make another sweater, but the colors weren't working for me and I ripped it out.
Time to take stock. I found so many bits of old favorite projects and projects half-begun and projects never begun.
 What I realized was that I had the makings of a sweet little blanket here.
I sorted out the ones I liked best and dove in.
Now, here I am, on my third square and feeling great about ripping out the sweater.
I may add in a square or two with the bee motif just because I think it's charming.
Just goes to show that if you have been knitting long enough the stash will provide.

1 comment:

  1. That was a brave move, but it sure does look like you have a great blanket going there!
    I shudder to think of how many project I could knit out of leftover yarn. I really should start using up some of that stuff!

    ReplyDelete