Friday, June 3, 2016

Change of Plans

Sometimes you just have to accept that your plans will not work out.
I was super excited to find a nice bright green in my stash that would be perfect to use as bootees to accompany the Sunnyside Cardigan I just finished.
I made up a bootee and when it was finished it was big enough to fit The Youngest.
OK, so next time check your gauge, Jessica.
I made up a second bootee (having done some math to size it down, since I couldn't find my smaller needles) and it was a much better size.

I made up a third bootee and realized that the color was just not as nice and bright as I had thought originally.

Well, it's a good thing I know two pregnant ladies right now.
I can make a different sweater to match the bootees.
Back to my original present, I found these colors in the stash and I hope to make some kind of ombre patterned hat.
I'm pretty excited about this color combo, so it's a good thing the bootees didn't really match.
What's on your needles today?

1 comment:

  1. You are so nice to make such lovely baby presents and to fuss to make them perfect.

    ReplyDelete