Sunday, November 16, 2008

distraction du jour

One of the benefits of working at a fabric store or a yarn store is making models.

I really like to make models.



It gives me an opportunity to keep my hands busy and to try new things.



As I was flipping through the new Simplicity catalogue I saw two patterns that I have to make.



First, there is Simplicity 2867.







This is a fun and really inexpensive project.



To make a pair of booties you need a felt square, and two colors of embroidery floss.







I made this one last night while I was watching tv.





My next project is of great interest to the Elder Hug-a-Bug.
She loves to help me stuff and sew up seams.
I just have to choose the fabric.
She has chosen the puppy, and I like the horse.
We may have to make one of each.
I have to venture outside of the stash for this project, as I have realized that most of my fabric comes from the sale bin, and we don't have it at the store anymore.

Time for lunch,
See you soon,
Jess

4 comments:

  1. those are all darling! I can't wait to see the finished product of the animal ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The booties you made are adorable! Both those patterns are great--wonder if Joann's is having a sale on Simplicity any time soon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have those booties in my "Q" waiting to be made... Too bad I don't know who I'm making them for.

    How's B?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, super cute! And congrats on your Etsy website!

    ReplyDelete