Monday, August 17, 2009

meme

Mary Beth at Salt and Chocolate posted a meme this morning and it has been a while since I did one, so here I am tagging myself.


What's your current obsession?

Photography, no wait, sewing, no, knitting, well, I guess I can't really decide.

What are you wearing today?
Shirt made of a lovely lightweight lawn, linen pants, no shoes.

What's for dinner?
Good question. I need to check the fridge.

What would you eat for your last meal?
I would eat a big helping of all the things I am allergic to.
Nice big piece of Pecan Pie, fine assorted cheeses, and a hot fudge malt.

What's the last thing you bought?
A hairbrush. My husband and I took a weekend away and I forgot to pack one.

What are you listening to right now?
I am listening to my 3-year-old talking about his toy underwater diver from the bath.

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
The ocean, doesn't matter where, as long as I can be there without a coat.

Which language do you want to learn?
German. I spent a couple of weeks in Germany last year and I was able to use my high-school German a little. I wish I would have continued language studies in College. I also took French in high school, I wish I would have continued with that as well.
I suppose I should learn Spanish. I live in an area which is rich in latin american culture, and if I spoke more Spanish I would be able to get to know some of my neighbors better.
I guess the question should be which language don't I want to learn. I like to know stuff. I would like to learn Hmong, and Somali too.

What do you love most about where you currently live?
I love our neighborhood. We live within easy driving distance of anything we would want to do, zoos, beaches, children's museum, gardens, but where we live is relatively quiet. We also have stunning views of downtown Saint Paul about a block away.

What is your favorite color?
I go back and forth between red and green.

What is your favorite piece of clothing in your own wardrobe?
In the Summer I like to wear loose-fitting clothes, so my favorites right now are a couple of shirts that make me look pregnant, but are really comfy so I wear them anyway, and my linen overalls which probably make me look ridiculous, but are also really comfy so I wear them anyway too.


Chocolate or vanilla?
Chocolate.

What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was 3 days married and starting a new job as a baker at Cafe Latte in Saint Paul.

If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on?
Probably something frivolous like taking the kids to lunch and a movie. Not that we would use it all on that date, maybe we'd go to the bookstore and blow the rest of it there.

What are you going to do after this?
Try to get the Younger Hug-a-Bug to wear pants.

What are your favorite films?
This is a toughy.
Return to Me, Empire Strikes Back, Star Trek First Contact, Toy Story, Pride and Prejudice (Colin Firth, of course)

What inspires you?
The internet is a gateway to a lot of inspiration for me.
I love blogs. I love to be invited into someone's life and learn what they know about being a parent, or a crafty person, or gardener, or chef.

Your favorite books?
Pride and Prejudice, Jane Eyre, Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe, Harry Potter and the Prisoner from Azkaban

Do you collect anything?
I used to collect everything- ceramic crocks, lunch boxes, books, egg cups, but I don't collect much now beyond sheet music, yarn, fabric and dust.

What makes you follow a blog?
Good pictures, high craft content, activities for kids.

What was the most enjoyable thing you did today?
Slept until 8.

What is on the top of your to-do list?
Figuring out the final details of Caritas' schedule and concert order with my colleagues.

What's your favorite time of day and why?
9-12 AM. This is our usual time for outings and I get to go to the beach or a zoo or to a museum with a couple of energetic, curious, lovely people.



The rules:
1. Respond and rework; answer the questions on your blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your invention, add one more question of your own.
2. Tag eight other people.

Please tag yourself if you are interested and let me know when you publish your answers.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice. Thanks for playing along. Where you live sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to change my answer to "What would you do if you had $100 right now?" to hire someone to clean house.

    ReplyDelete