Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Good and Productive Day

This evening I finished the project to which I alluded yesterday.
It's a quilt for the boy's birthday (tomorrow) that I started in 2007, and thought about finishing in 2008.
For whatever reason, I just couldn't get into the hand-quilting of this one and I finally just decided to let go, forget that I had been quilting in the shape of cute little airplanes, and stitch in the ditch.
I'll have more photos tomorrow, it's in the wash right now to cleanse itself of 4 years of grubbiness.

Towards the end of the year, last month, I had an unplanned separation from my camera. Nothing dramatic, I just felt too busy to take many photos.
I'm trying to get back into the swing of things, and it's been fun this week to bring it out and find something to photograph each day.
Not a resolution, per se, but a reminder to myself to look for beauty everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment