Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Yarn Along

It's Yarn Along again!
I missed a couple of weeks there while I wasn't actually knitting anything!
It's amazing, but true.
This week I have been making a ballet sweater for the newest dancing 7-year-old in the house.
She started taking a ballet class last week and it's, by far, the highlight of her week!
I'm making this up as I go, I think I might pleat the sleeves, they're a little on the baggy side, and that might make it look intentional.

As for reading, the Elder and I just finished The Long Winter (thank goodness, what a downer) last week and we've started in on Little Town on the Prairie, but the most exciting book in my life arrived about 15 minutes ago in the mail: Here Be Drolleries, the sequel to Here Be Wyverns.

I can't wait to dive into the amazing alphabets and animals and oooh! I feel the knit nerd rising in me.


One other fun thing that I have been up to is making Limoncello.
I showed this before picture the other day -and I finished it yesterday.
I used this recipe from Food Network, and it tastes like lemon amazing.

5 comments:

  1. Lemon amazing... yum!
    Wonderful that she is enjoying ballet. It's so fun to see them interested in different things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I'll bet I could make that with key limes!!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was wondering what was in that jar... sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh YUM, limoncello is so delicious :) Your little ballet sweater turned out so cute in the finished photo above and I love the little gathered sleeves :) Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete