Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Yarn Along

Yarn Along time! 
I finished the sweater I started last week. It came out pretty cute, if I do say so, and I hope the customer likes it. 
In literature news, I finished A Girl of the Limberlost, and I started reading The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. 
A Girl of the Limberlost was an interesting read.
It was almost like two separate books, one about the main character Elnora's relationship with her mother, and a second one about her efforts to get into college.
Limberlost was written in 1909, and it is always fascinating to me to read books written in a different era. 
I love the view of daily life of the time that comes through the writing.

I have so thoroughly enjoyed the new Sherlock series on Masterpiece Mystery and it sparked my interest to read the original stories. 
The first story I read was short and fun and I can't wait to read some more.

What's on your needles this week?

9 comments:

  1. I love all your added detail for your cardigan. And the color is one of my favorites to knit with. Sherlock Holmes--wow what a big undertaking--I can't wait to hear your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your commissioned sweater--it turned out lovely!!! (I have the second season Sherlock right by my computer---library just got it in!!! I'm loving it, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter, a speed reader, has just read through the two volumes of The Complete Sherlock Holmes for the second time. She really loves reading them.

    Your little cardi is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so impressed that you designed and knit that this week. I too love the Masterpiece Sherlock. I have a few of the books on my list too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are an amazingly talented knitter and I am sure your customer will just love it!
    Have a great yarn along day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your header. I love your sweater! I can't believe you knit that in a week. Great button choice too.

    ReplyDelete