Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Fluttershy, Step One

Happy Tuesday! It so happens that this week is Kid's Clothing Week Challenge, and I actually have something to contribute this time. The theme is disguise.
The Elder has decided to be Fluttershy for Halloween. I don't know how many of you are Pegasisters or Bronies, but just in case you're not into the show: the ponies travel through a mystic portal and instead of looking like this-
now they look like this-


I looked around for a pattern, and found this tutorial, which was great but I made one change - I used polar fleece instead of felt squares. 
Now, you know me, I love felt, but I wanted a larger field than small rectangles would afford.
So I started by drawing a pattern on a cereal box, but I couldn't find my paper scissors so I drew it freehand on the fleece. 

I drew it on the fold, so I had two pieces like this-
The Youngest helped me with the sewing again, it's so nice to have a team.

Last night I finished the construction, watch the tutorial to see about the wires.
Photos before one leaves for the bus sometimes elicit grimaces.
All that's left is the detail painting around the edges, and the wings will be complete.
Joining Nicole for KCCO,
and the fine folks at KCWC.

1 comment:

  1. That's really clever, I had no idea the ponies had changed but it looks really like the picture!!

    ReplyDelete