Sunday, June 21, 2020

Long Overdue Finished Object

I started this quilt a couple of years ago, and kind of pooped out on it because of the hand-quilting. 
Quilt top assembly is really where I find the most enjoyment, but the finishing always takes me a very long time. 

Of course, it's a mental game, since it's not the finishing, but the convincing myself to do it, that takes the time. 


Well, this week I pulled it out from its craft limbo, and quilted while I watched the news, and was able to finish it up on Friday.



Back two years ago, I fell in love with this floral print, and then I went through my stash to find coordinating pieces to use for alternating log cabin squares. I used the main fabric for the center of every square, to have a continuous theme.

 

It's backed in this fun purple print, which coordinates with The Youngest's paint in her room. 


It got her seal of approval, which is all a Mama could want.

What's on your needles (of any sort) this week? 
I started up a facebook group to share projects and creative inspiration, come by if you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment