Friday, February 17, 2012

What I Made in 2011


There have been many days in these past few months when I have felt like I am not accomplishing anything of great import beyond gestating a baby. It seems like all I do is travel from home to work to home and when I am at home I spend a lot of time sitting, feeling sleepy and under-productive.
The laundry isn't getting done, the dishes are piling up, the sewing table is a frightful pile of unfinished projects, you see what I mean? But then I was invited to join a flickr group called What I Made in 2011. 
It was a little empowering to see that I actually did accomplish some small things, like I knitted 8 sweaters, 2 pairs of socks, at least 4 hats, sewed some outfits for the Elder, built a doll cradle... 
Truly, all of these things were accomplished before I was 8 months pregnant and feeling more whale-like than girlish, but it's nice to see them all in one place and imagine a future when I'll have the energy to work on projects again.

It's a day off for the kids today, so we can look forward to some fun time with friends and a concerted effort to get through the dishes.
What's on your agenda?


1 comment:

  1. I remember being pregnant with my 3rd & all that time I spent laying down on the couch, so I know how you feel... hang in there, I'm sure you've heard that we all have different seasons in our lives...

    ReplyDelete