Saturday, April 12, 2008

Saturday

Another busy yarn-filled day today.


It started with the MN Knitters Guild's yearly event Yarnover.


I always make it a point to work at Yarnover.


There are stores from all over the state that come to sell their wares along with smaller farm-based spinners, basket makers, potters and other artisans.


It is a great opportunity to see what is out there that we don't sell at Yarnery and also to, dare I say it, enhance the stash.


I will say that I held firm to a point.


I bought neither basket nor yarn, though I did bring money for those things.

I did, however, buy this darling tiny bowl by Jennie the Potter.




I also got to see a lot of customers that I hadn't seen in a while.

I used to work 3-5 days a week at the Yarnery before I had the Hug-a-Bugs and now I work 1-3 days depending on the number of exciting yarn events going on.

As a result, I have missed seeing people and what they are knitting.

It is fun to check in once a year at least with the most prolific knitters.

And then, as if that wasn't enough, I sat for Franklin of The Panopticon for his 1,000 Knitters Project.

Franklin is a sweet sweet man.

I sat and knitted on the scarf of many knitters for about 3 minutes and then I went back to work.

Only after I left did I realize that my hair was a total disaster.

I hope he was taking pics of the knitting and not my head.

He said that today he got up to about 600 knitters in the project.

After I was done with my shift at Yarnover, I came home and the sun came out, I know, hard to believe, but it actually came out and the sky was bluish if not blue.

The Hug-a-Bugs and I went outside for a little frolic and the Elder Hug-a-Bug drew a hopscotch board while I took pictures of the budded out silver maple.

For those who are waiting for a Fifth Lamp Photo for April, I will have time tomorrow.

Now I've said that, I guess that I better take one...

Have a happy Saturday,

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment