Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Bless me Blogger, for I have sinned

I have a confession to make.
It has to do with criminal activity in my past.
When I was in my early teens, I would visit my friend down the street and we would watch 'R' rated movies.
She had the cable.
I was powerless.
Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, Creepshow, Dirty Dancing.
I watched them all.
I hereby formally make my apologies to my parents.
It is to that last movie that I want to continue my discussion.
I just downloaded the soundtrack from Dirty Dancing.
It rocks so hard.
I clearly couldn't listen to this soundtrack at the time, as I was supposed not to have seen it.
I am listening to it right now, and it is the perfect mix of fun '60s pop and super wank '80s pop.
Is there a piece of music that embodies the musical spirit of 1987 more than "I've Had the Time of My Life?" or "She's Like the Wind?"
Continuing down memory lane, I realized today that the Elder Hug-a-Bug is finally big enough to wear my favorite dress of all time, the Curtain Dress.


My mom made me the Curtain Dress when I was about 4 or 5 and I wore that thing all of the time. I wore it for years.
I loved this dress.
It is assembled from two cafe-length curtains, one printed and one sheer and a sheer valance.
It is a masterpiece of my mom's technical sewing prowess.
When she isn't spinning, I hope to share a better photo.
Well, the weather is getting colder here, but we were able to have a lunch-time picnic earlier this week.
So I leave this post with these warmish happy memories.

Have a great Wednesday,

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment