Monday, September 22, 2008

Hello My Name is Jess

I realized the other day that I have been here for almost a year, and I have never really talked about myself.

I talk about my kids and my crafting, but that's pretty much it.
I also realize that most of you know me, but here are some things you might not know.




I love to bake and cook.
I worked in a couple of bakeries in my college and post-college pre-kids days.
I can make a pretty passable pizza, and a tasty chicken soup, but my secret shame is that I can't make fried eggs.
I always ruin them, not to an inedible stage (for me, though my husband has more refined tastes), but they always end up scrambled.



I am a slob.
I mean it.
Total Slob.
Clothes on the floor, dishes on the counter, unswept kitchen floor kind of slob.
However, I do like to organize some things.
My colorful dinner plates, when I put them away, are always in rainbow order.
I also have to alphabetize my movies and cds.
If I want to watch Love Actually, I like knowing that I can find it between A League of Their Own and Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome.



I feel like I do a pretty good job with my kids.
I read to them, we do crafts (sometimes), we take walks, we watch a lot of T.V.together, I know that last one isn't so great, but I like the Backyardigans, what can I say...
Mostly they are polite and nice to others, mostly.
My downfall is bedtime.
I suck at putting my kids to bed.
They know how to play me like a fiddle.
I know that no one became a bank robber because their mama didn't give them a 4th snuggle, but I always feel just guilty enough to go back in.
Then it stretches out to an hour, an hour and a half, two hours, and then I get really frustrated and I lose it.
I hope that no one became a bank robber because their mama had no patience for nighttime rituals...

Anyway, that is a little about me.
What kinds of contradictions do you all have in your lives?

p.s. thanks for the nice comments.
I think that blogger is broke or sumthin', 'cause the comments never get sent to my email address, even though I did check the box that says send me my comments via email.
In any event, thanks for the comments, I always read them and get excited to see them.
Jess

1 comment: