Friday, September 26, 2008

Tell me why

Why do we let home improvement projects wait so long?

Maybe you all don't do this, but I am a procrastinator by trade and I am very good at it.

I have lived with an unsightly crack on our stairway wall for 4 and a half years.

I patched it and then there was a big white blob on the brown/taupe/olive wall.

Today, I chipped a piece of the wall off, took it to a home stuff store, matched the paint and fixed the wall, paint included, in about 2 hours.

Surely, I had that two hours earlier in my tenure here at the house.

So now, the wall is still that ugly brown/taupe/olive color, but at least it all is the same.

I also have been climbing my stairs for that whole time and thinking, when will someone pull out these carpet staples that I see everywhere.

The previous homeowners pulled up the carpet on the stairs, for which I am grateful as they had 4 cats, but left in the staples everywhere.

Well, I spent the last 50 minutes pulling all of those out and in spite of a bruised thumb I am very happy.

So there it is, I could have spent 3 hours fixing this stuff 4 years ago, but instead I lived with the ugliness.

Now that is done, here is a picture from Germany, as I have mislaid the camera again.



This is a forest in Neuss, Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment