Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Food Blog!

That title is for my dad.
I borrowed this fancy gadget yesterday
because I was at the grocery store and saw lots of cherries and had a sudden craving for cherry pie.
I have been informed that sweet cherries don't make very good pies, but I am going ahead with it anyway, because sugar, fat and fruit have never done me wrong in the past. Now I am not particularly known for my prowess at pie-making, but I am going to give it my best shot.
I used the Test Kitchen pie crust recipe, and to a whole bag (2 pounds maybe) of cherries I added a couple of Granny Smith apples, the juice of one lemon and 1tsp vanilla. Then mix together 1 cup sugar, 1/4 cup corn starch and a pinch of salt, add to the cherry/apple mixture, pour everything into the unbaked pie crust and then add lattice top.
Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes, then rotate, turn down the oven to 375 degrees and bake a further 35 minutes or so.
It smells pretty good so far.

It's in the oven right now, and I have about an hour before it'll be ready.
Then we're going to be good people and wait until Dada comes home to eat it.
Enjoy your day, all you friends out there in blogland.

Update: Baked
               





1 comment: