Tuesday, August 13, 2013

KCCO and Yarn Along

With Nicole, and Ginny respectively.
I have been doing a lot of knitting this past week, though you wouldn't necessarily know it if you looked at the red sweater.
It's currently in a state of having to be ripped back a few rows.
This is the second time I have done a bonehead thing on my Grettir.
I'm in the waist decrease section and after the first decrease I increased and then didn't realize it for 7 rows or so.
Then after I got that straightened out, I halved the number of rows between decreases and didn't realize it for 12 rows, and so now I have to rip back and try again.
It's nice that I am messing up now, though, since when I get into the patterned yoke it will be much more annoying to pull out multiple colors, so hopefully I have gotten it all out of my system.

While I was at the Fair this weekend I got some nice progress made on that little impromptu sweater for The Youngest.
I may have to refine the shoulder decreases, and I will probably pick up for ribbing on the bottom when I have the rest of it finished, but it's coming along.
I will probably spend most of my knitting time working on Grettir, but I think I can set a deadline of early fall for myself.
I haven't been able to do much non-Aran-related reading lately, but I did read a chapter of Zealot the other day. It's quite interesting.
What's new on your work table?

2 comments:

  1. Hello

    Found your blog through Yarn Along.
    Your aran knitting is beautiful (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely sweater. That will be so cute when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete