Saturday, August 3, 2013

Day Three

Day three of more conscientious eating began as most Saturdays do here in the fifthlampdown house:
Breakfast was pancakes, sausage and eggs. (packaged sausage and pancake mix from a box...baby steps)

I made a huge personal sacrifice today (o.k. maybe that's overstating a bit) and didn't get lunch out when I went to work, as is my wont.
You have to understand that I work across the street from Brasa and Punch Pizza. These are supremely tasty places!
I stood firm, though, and made myself a corn beef sandwich with fresh basil and lettuce from the garden, baby carrots and a coconut yogurt.

Dinner was barbecued chicken thighs, pan roasted brussels sprouts and a delicious fresh loaf of NY Times No-Knead Bread.

Yesterday we tried the Cream-Filled Snack Cake recipe from Homemade Pantry, and the kids' reaction was that it tasted like corn bread. It was quite tasty, but I don't think we need to make it again any time soon.

What's on the menu at your house?

1 comment:

  1. Ribs on the grill, corn on the cob, and something else. I'm not sure. I'm not cooking tonight! :-)

    ReplyDelete